Sunday, May 12, 2013

Keyboard

  I am very excited because I finally got a keyboard. I have been wanting one for a very long time, my Mother In-law's neighbor moved and they had a sale on pretty much everything in the house.  They were very musical and owned many instruments and played bluegrass music around town for different events.
   My wife told me last week that her Mom had a surprise for me, I had no idea what it was. So today they came over and told me to wait in the bedroom and when I came out I saw this keyboard!
    I was so surprised! I had no idea! As you know, I have been taking vocal lessons for almost a year and my next step was learning to play and read music. Now I have a new toy to play with! They also got me several books and  DVDs to watch. I spent hours last night  setting up the spare room as my music room, and learning a few easy songs for now. I'm thankful to have a music room until we have a baby.
  Can't wait to get out my song book and start putting music to some lyrics I have written, and also put music to my wife's lyrics she has written over the years. I am committed to set aside time every night to practice.
   In my vocal lessons lately, we have been collaborating, putting music to my song and some stylistic things to the vocals. It still needs some editing, but with time and work it's coming along. God is truly blessing me with everything I need one step at a time.

No comments: