Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Song Writing

     Lately I have been inspired to get out my song journal and write. As of now I have one full song that I wrote back in ’08 but never did anything w/ it. My former vocal coach put music to it and I love it. I let my new vocal coach listen to it 2 weeks ago and we are going to clean it up some more, it’s very raw right now. My journal has lots of random lyrics, half songs, titles, etc. On Monday night while listening to Kim Walker’s CD “Still Believe” and worshiping I was inspired to write, so I have the first verse and chorus and bridge for a second song from a bunch of random lyrics I wrote years ago. BTW, if you have never listened to Kim Walker you need too, her music is so anointed, always puts me in the mood to worship! I’m not sure where all this will lead but I am doing what God has called me to do; He’s confirmed it to me time and time again. Even if these songs never get heard I’m just happy to make melodies to the Lord.

No comments: