Tuesday, January 15, 2013

New Year, New House, New Vocal Coach

     Well, it’s been a while since I’ve last blogged and a lot has happened in my life since.  As you saw in my last blog I was offered a solo part and I took it. I was extremely nervous when the day came, but felt well prepared with all the practices with the band. Overall it went great, I sang “What Faith Can Do” by Kutless and it was a good fit for my voice. I am grateful that I had the opportunity, the first time in front of people singing solo is always the hardest.  
    I also have a new vocal coach. My former coach moved, which I was sad about, we worked really well together and were working on a new song I wrote.  Learned a lot from her and my new teacher is pretty awesome. It took me a few sessions to get use to the change and the different way she teaches but I’m excited for my Wednesday sessions. Lately we have been working on “Rediscover You” by Starfield (love that song). Starfield also is a good fit for my voice so will probably check out more of their songs to work on.
    Something awesome happened in October of 2012, my wife and I bought our first house. I have to say it’s a pretty exciting/stressful season.  God’s hand was truly over the entire transaction and we got such an amazing deal, and an awesome realtor. When we first started this process we found a house that I loved (or so I thought) and we put an offer, but the seller wasn’t going to budge and we walked away from that deal. Little did I know that God had something better in store for us.  About a week later we found the house, but after our last attempt I didn’t want to rush it, so we looked at more and I just kept coming back to this house in my mind and I knew I wanted it. We took our families to see it and they loved it, so we decided to make an offer. They were willing to work with us but didn’t give it at the price we wanted, they wanted almost full price and I was ready to give it to them (it wasn’t a bad deal, BUT God). That night my realtor called and said I don’t think you should give them that price, walk away and let’s re-think about it in the next week. I was scared to just walk away, but I trusted our realtor and most of all trusted God, that if this was the one He would make a way or give us something better. I remember driving to work that day upset that we let it go and I just began to pray. Later that day my realtor called and said they are willing to drop the price to what we asked! PRASIE JESUS!! I was in amazed at how God moved their hearts.  This house was bigger than the first house we wanted and had pretty much everything we wanted! It was such an exciting and smooth process for us. We have real red oak wood floors which needed to be sanded and re-stained, something I've never done before and to get someone to come and do it cost lots of $$$. My co-worker has refinished wood floors before and offered to them as a gift to us at no charge! WOW, what a blessing!! He spent almost a week and late nights after work getting our floors done. My wife and I were so blessed by this, such an awesome guy to do that for us. The only thing asked of me was to "send a prayer to the man upstairs" for him, he isnt a Christian or anything. God moved in his heart to bless us, we are forever grateful!
    2012 was an exciting year for my wife and I, but I’m excited to see what 2013 has in store for us. My wife is getting ready (as I write) to release her third book, so proud of her! We are excited to start a monthly bible study in our home. I want spend more time working on music, writing songs and using this gift in whatever God asks me to do. Be Blessed! J 

No comments: